At OD260, every day is Earth day. We believe in the manta “Reduce, reuse, recycle”. Therefore we reuse shipping containers whenever it is possible, especially polystyrene containers, their cardboard overpacks, and gel packs. We are proud to pass these savings to you, our customers.
Molecular Biology ProductsPlasmid and viral DNAs are usually shipped overnight at room temperature in small cardboard boxes. If hot temperatures are expected during transit, they will be shipped in polystyrene containers with gel ice packs. Temperature-sensitive reagents (adenovirus stocks, lambda packaging extract, AdenoQuick cloning kits…) are shipped overnight in polystyrene containers with dry ice.
Bench PintsBench Pints are protected with bubble wrap and packed individually in small cardboard boxes, then placed in a secondary container. Tests have shown that Bench Pints shipped under these conditions resist breakage from a drop of at least 10 feet.
The following rates include packing materials, dry ice and carrier costs. Shipping charges are prepaid and added to invoice.
|Molecular Biology Products
(Rates per unit)
|At room temperature||On dry ice||Single||6-pack|
- If you order 2 molecular biology products, one which requires dry ice and the other not, both products will be shipped together at the “dry ice” rate.
- If you order a molecular biology product and a Bench Pint, both items will be shipped separately and your shipping rate will be the sum of both shipping rates.
Flat rate vs Rates per unit:
- Shipping charges for molecular biology products are flat rates. It means that you will be charged the same shipping rate regardless of the amount of product you buy.
- Shipping charges for Bench Pints are calculated by weight. The rates indicated in the table will increase in a linear fashion with the number of Bench Pints that you buy.
Countries outside of the United States are divided into zones according to the transit time. Zone 1 = 1 day of transit, zone 2 = 2 days of transit, etc… For frozen products, the transit time dictates the amount of dry ice that will be added to your package, hence the carrier costs.
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4|
U.S. Virgin Islands
Hong Kong S.A.R. Iceland
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Taxes and Customs Duties
Orders shipped to countries outside of the United States may be subject to customs duties and taxes such as import taxes, sales taxes, VAT etc. These charges must be paid by the recipient. They are different in every country and many factors play a role in determining if they need to be paid, and how much. We recommend contacting your local customs office for further information.
All products shipped outside of the United States are shipped DAP (Delivered At Place). It means that the carrier will invoice directly the recipient for the custom duties and taxes. Since all molecular biology reagents are shipped with FedEx, customers may facilitate the process by indicating their FedEx account at check-out. We will have FedEx charge the customs duties and taxes directly to that account.
For further assistance, please contact our Customer Service department. We'd love to help you anytime.
Molecular Biology Products
- United States: Orders received Monday through Thursday by 4:00 PM (MST) are shipped the same day via FedEx Priority Overnight for next business day delivery (within carrier's overnight delivery area).
- International: Orders are shipped with FedEx International Priority on different days of the week depending on the destination, in order to minimize the transit time. Please inquire with customer service if you need more information.
Bench Pints are shipped on the day following the order. This allows us to pressure-test every Bench Pint.
- US and Canada: Orders are shipped with FedEx Ground, unless requested otherwise. Delivery vary from 1 to 7 days, depending on location. Please consult the map below for more information.
- International: Orders are shipped with US Postal Service and are delivered typically within 4 to 10 business days.
*** Shipping policies subject to change at any time. ***
Last update: March 2017